Friday, February 24, 2012

How do You Define Yourself?


"We are not defined by our physical appearance, who we hang out with, how much money we make, or our relationship status...You are worth so much more."

These are the wise words of Eryn Erickson, the founder of the clothing brand So Worth Loving. Created in 2011, So Worth Loving aims to promote self-love by printing their products with their signature stamp "So Worth Loving," reminding the wearer and those around them that they are completely and truly worthy of love. Products include everything from t-shirts to pullovers to necklaces, as well as "pre-loved" items (vintage products that are pre-worn and stamped with "So Worth Loving"). You can even mail in your own shirt and they will screen print "So Worth Loving" on it for you - talk about one-of-a-kind!
But don't take my word for it - take Eryn's! She took some time out of her busy schedule (she's a recording artist, too!) to answer a few questions. And hopefully, after reading this, you will realize that is nothing not to love about So Worth Loving - or yourself.


What inspired So Worth Loving?

As a recording artist, I have always had the desire to empower people by reminding them to love themselves and pursue their dreams. So when I dreamed up my first “band shirt,” I played with the phrase, “So Worth Loving,” for a while by screen-printing on my own shirts. That then grew into screen-printing my friends shirts which then grew into me screen-printing their friends shirts. So, I realized that I could probably do this for random people I don’t know to simply spread love everywhere. I started a blog, spread the idea, and sure enough, I had girls from all over the world sending me their personal shirt for me to screen print. When it wasn’t just my friends supporting me, but girls that needed to hear this and believe in it, that was the turning point. That was when I knew I needed to start an official So Worth Loving brand. In my mind, So Worth Loving has become a community – A community of soft hearts, broken spirits, stubborn, and vulnerable people like me who love fashion at the same time, and want their style to make a difference.



Where do you hope to see So Worth Loving in 5 years?

It's hard to say! We hope to see So Worth Loving continue to grow as a community of people dedicated to spreading that message and helping empower people to pursue their dreams. It's a community of soft hearts, broken spirits, stubborn, and vulnerable people like me who love fashion at the same time, and want their style to make a difference. So my dream and desire for it is to continue to grow and spread. Spread love. Impact people who didn't love themselves at one time. Success to me would be inspiring someone to love who they are.


Other than your work with So Worth Loving, what are other things you love?

Music has always been my first love. So Worth Loving was birthed from me trying to figure out a shirt for my fans. My music I hope empowers to embrace their past, present and future. Allowing no one to tell them you can't pursue your strengths. If I can communicate that in a musical way- I am going to do it ;)


What advice would you give to aspiring entrepreneurs?

Don't be defeated easily. You will come up against obstacles and you will hear people put you down. People who are not confident in what they are doing will discourage what you want to do. I think too- a key thing is understanding your strengths. For me I took the "Strength Finders" test. When I took that test it really opened my eyes to what are my sweet spots and what are my weaknesses. From there I was able to surround myself with people who make up for my weaknesses. I think to what ever you pursue make sure you know at least 4 key words you filter your brand or project through. Consistency is so key and we are still trying to assess that here at So Worth Loving. You have to have the desire to learn and keep yourself humble. Some of the best relationships are born when you just want to learn from the ones around you.


For more about So Worth Loving, visit
http://www.soworthloving.com/pages/our-story, like them on Facebook , and follow them on Twitter. Start spreading the love! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment