Friday, April 19, 2013

Spread the Love

It is kind of embarrassing how long it's been since I have posted. Let's not count the months. The thing is, I like to take my time to produce quality writing on this blog, and let's face it - life gets busy. But here I am, X amount of months later, just writing and seeing how it turns out. I'll think of it as jumping off a diving board and just trusting myself that I won't belly flop (if you can't tell, I have summer vacation on the brain!).

I will be honest, my motivation for writing is the treacherous events that have happened in the US this week. Bombs, floods, shootings, manhunts...authorities deserve all the congratulations in the world for finding both suspects of the Boston Marathon case, and the media has done an outstanding job of reporting the latest to the rest of the country. Even still, people have had their lives turned upside down this week, and I know it is going to make more than a man being arrested to heal.

But when I set out to create this blog, I made a promise that I would only write about good people and good things. Things that deserve attention, but don't usually get it. Things that could make people smile like I do when a red velvet cupcake is put in front of me. Because, while we live in a world that is famous for dark times, there really is more good in it than bad. We just have to have the eyes to see it.

That's why, in the midst of all the tweets, posts, broadcasts and articles following up on these horrific events, I am going to make it my mission to cover the good. Posts of Hope. Let's get the world smiling, one little act of kindness at a time.

Starting....now.


While security cameras are typically used to capture criminals (as we definitely know from recent events), this video represents what is often brushed over on security cameras. Simply titled, "Sometimes, Security Cameras Catch Something Totally Different," this video captures and celebrates the good - and silliness - of humanity. I discovered it on Facebook, but it was originally posted to LoveEverybody.com, a site that aims to "highlight the good, inspire greatness and encourage mutual responsibility for the betterment of humankind." The site has raised money for all sorts of organizations over its 8 years of existence, and they features pictures, videos and stories of people helping others and celebrating the good in life.

So if you're human, and you like being happy, this video and website is for you.

PS: If you have your own little bit of joy to share (it can be as simple as a picture of your dog being adorable! Who wouldn't smile at that?), send it my by Facebook, Twitter, or in the comments below, and I may put them up on my blog! Think of it as a collage of happiness.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/esemko_93, hash tag #postsofhope
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/elizabeth.semko

 






No comments:

Post a Comment