Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Little Things


Finding joy in the ordinary. A simple concept, but one that many of us neglect on a daily basis. Yes, it is true that I am extremely sleep deprived from writing term papers; the wind whipped me a little too hard in the face on the way to class this morning, and I have a boatload of finals I am stressed about. But why do we focus so much on the bad things when in reality, there is usually more good in our life than bad?

Let's take a whirl at focusing on the positive today, shall we? I'll go first.

1) It is sunny outside today! A particularly good thing after my TOMS got soaked through in the rain yesterday. Twice. Yes, I forgot to change into rain boots the second time.


2) Ryan Gosling has faith in my intelligence.


3) I got to see my mom today, even if it was for a really short time and because she was picking up stuff to take home from my dorm.



4) I finally got that 17 page (read: snore-worthy) Media Ethics paper off my hands. And my best friend was kind enough to print all that dead tree on her own printer because mine was out of black ink...probably because of all my other papers.

5) Enough said.



6) There were people tightrope walking in the quad today. I dare you to tell me that your inner child wouldn't smile at that.


7) My roomie and I got to indulge in the cookies we made without guilt! This is a case where you should not judge a cookie by its looks. If you want to try these fairly healthy, magical banana-oatmeal-dark chocolate wonders, click here!



8) There is going to be a sequel to the Pixar classic Finding Nemo known as Finding Dori! Not new news today, but let's take a moment to appreciate this long awaited moment in history.


9) Ryan Gosling also appreciates the fact that I wore my yoga pants all day today. I knew he was perfect.

10) Lizzie McGuire was on Disney Channel today! 90s kids rejoice! 

I used to dance around in my room to this CD back in the day...oh memories 


Yes, some events have turned our world upside down recently. But this is exactly the reason why we must find joy in the little things. One day, you will look back, and realize they were the big things. (Yes, I am quoting the movie The Vow. But is true!)

As always, 

Image from soworthloving.com
#Postsofhope



No comments:

Post a Comment